Neodymium magnets: the super-strong ones
Neodymium is a rare earth metal and a special material: Combined with iron and boron it creates the currently strongest permanent magnets in the world. They can be produced in various shapes (discs, blocks, cubes, rings, rods and spheres). Their nickel-copper-nickel coating lends them an appealing silver surface. Hence, these special magnets are great as gifts for arts and crafts fans and model makers.
- Super-strong adhesive force
- Suitable for small spaces (miniaturisation)
- Even the smallest neodymium magnets are just as strong as larger common magnets
Neodymium super magnets: The strongest in the worldYou might ask yourself: What makes a neodymium magnet a super magnet? And: Isn't a cheaper ferrite magnet sufficient for my project? The special combination NdFeB (neodymium iron bor) leads to a high adhesive force even in small magnets. Hence, ferrite magnets of the same dimensions are much weaker. We recommend super magnets if you need a small and light product that is also aesthetically pleasing with its even silver surface. The rare metal makes it a little bit more expensive though.
We recommend ferrite magnets when:
- used outdoors
- exposed to temperatures over 80 °C
A few "strong" facts about our super magnets:
- The strongest ring magnet: Ideal for "fishing" ferromagnetic objects. It will easily pull your bike out of the lake, for instance.
- Our so-called "death magnet": A compact block magnet with an adhesive force of 100 kg.
- The "strongest" in our web shop: The block magnet MONOLITH with a strength of approx. 200 kg.
Before using any of our super magnets, please read the safety tips to avoid hazards and injuries.